Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cousin Sam's 111 Marker Results are in

Cousin Sam and I match on 108/111 markers.  His deep subclades, including SNP P66 are still
expected on Monday, March 26th.  I no longer believe that P66+ is a necessary indicator of our
relationship.  If Sam isn't P66+, the STR evidence of our relationship at 108/111markers coupled
with our documented genealogy from US census reports meets the gold standard for genealogical
proof our ancestry.  I still expect Sam to be P66+, but this SNP is subject to skipping whole gener-
ations within a single family line.

2 comments:

mhitchens said...

I am a decedent of Hezekiah James Lawrence McKown-->Samuel Levi McKown-->Frank McKown-->Ralph McKown-->Dorothy McKown Risen-->Robert Risen-->Me.

Do you have any info on HJL Mckown and his parents? Many thanks, Megan Risen.

megan.hitchens@gmail.com

William McCown said...

Dear Megan,

I was in contact with a woman related to this line several years
ago. I even wrote letters to at least five of his descendants without a reply. I no longer have
the email address from this lady, but recommend that you try http://www.genforum.genealogy.com
McCown or McKown Surname bulletin board. Also, contact Leonard McCown, leonard@mccown.org.. He is very helpful and is the group administrator of the FTDNA McCown
Surname Group. I quit looking because most of the given names of his immediate descendants given names were not close to my line.